Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Nervous on Presentation

I did my presentation today and I was really nervous. The last time I gave a presentation was in Public Speaking class 6 years ago, I took it over the summer in 4 weeks here at CSN and that was really challenging... giving 4 kinds of speeches such as a Demo, Informative, Persuasive, and Argumentative Speech.  I really rehearsed for my speeches in this class so I was confident and we had total control over our presentation using a remote to click, but today in IS101 I was so focused on the slideshow, waiting for the right bullet or picture to pop up. Sad, I wasn't able to engage with audience.  I'm glad we are given another chance to present an improved slideshow presentation. This time I will practice, practice, practice.. Even though this is not a Speech class, but now I know next time I will use what I learned in class and in public speaking to keep eye contact with the audience which most of my classmates did very well on. Just like what Mr. Wu said, audience engagement is important. After the presentations, we got our result on quiz 4 and I got a perfect score. Yey finally! Hehe.. Anyways, today before class we watched The Heat at Cannery, its a really funny movie so go see it! Its half off on Tuesdays! =)

3 comments:

  1. Nervous just like I was. I'm sure we wern't the only ones. I would probably feel more confident too if we get to control our own clicks. Even though we had a lot to improve on, I'm thankful that we got the chance to do that because it helped me feel more comfortable in front of a classroom. Your presentation on chow chows was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be doing my presentation on Tuesday and I am so nervous this will be my second time doing a presentation for a class assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, audience engagement is crucial. I'm sure you'll do better next time around. Congrats on your perfect score on Quiz 4 :-)

    ReplyDelete