Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2nd Batch of Presentations

I enjoyed everybody's presentations in class today. They all did great! I felt like I was in my Public Speaking (COM101) class giving out an Informative Speech. I learned alot!

Like in Scuba diving, oxygen tank can last you a long time (Amber diving 1 hour 50 mins.) but I think that would be really tiring. I've always wanted to go Scuba diving. I've been to so many beaches in the Philippines and gone snorkling deep to see the the colorful fishes and picking out hard corals, but I don't think I would be able to dive with the sharks like Amber? hehe.. I'd rather swim with the dolphins at the Mirage dolphin habitat lol..

I also learned about relationships by Laura, the different perspectives of relationships with one's self, with God, husband and wife, and our peers. I like how she made us reflect by giving us a thought to ponder on, by rating from 1 to 10 with each perspective.

Rainbows by Gwynn, when I was little I always wondered why we could never reach the end of the rainbow which I always wanted to do hehe.. Now I know, you can only see it a from a certain arc or angle, but I hope to see a triple rainbow/anomolous bow someday!

Deaf Heroes by Laura, I learned the "I Love You" sign language and language which is 2 thumbs up! I learned the Alphabet sign language before, its a pretty fun thing to do. I was amazed by the deaf lifeguard
Leroy Colombo who saved 900 lives and is on Gennuiss World Records.

Flowers by Qutina, I loved all the beautiful flowers she chose for her presentation especially the Lilium, the images really made her slideshow stand out. I didn't know that some flowers such as the Lilium require refrigeration just to survive. I also loved the Love and Peace flower aka "Rosa balpeace", very beautiful it looked like it had a glowing effect.

Los Angeles by Qiyan, I learned that the Stars at the Hollywood Walk of Fame were made of Brass and that tickets to Disneyland are now expensive, because when Thai worked there like 5 years ago tickets were only half the price they are now.

After the presentations, I got really hungry! haha.. I forgot that I didn't eat, because I was so focused on following up my resumes on the new jobs and trying to enroll in Phlebotomy, but I missed the deadline to apply for the program in Fall. Grrr! Now I have to wait til next semester.

Not eating, I felt I was fasting for Ramadan like Saleh which is the First Day, but then I couldn't help drink alota water! He is doing alota sacrifice alright! Good thing there are exceptions to those who have conditions.

After Sunset, I ate my airhead that was in my bag for almost a month! haha.. Then picked up some super delicious Pho that a relative got from California. I posted a short blog right before midnight 11:59 lol and decided to update it whenever I really feel like blogging and here it is! =)

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to eat too :-) Sorry to hear you missed the deadline for applying for the Phlebotomy program. Super delicious Pho, drooling...

    ReplyDelete