Saturday, July 13, 2013

Career Options

I have been trying to find a BIOL 189 class, a pre-requisite for Nursing, now that its posted all the lecture classes are full. Trying to get into the Nursing program is taking forever. I already took Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 223), but I have to retake it coz its been 8 years. I have been stressing a little lately, because my parents are expecting from me. They have always made decisions for me like to pursue Medical Technology, but its so competitive. Now I have to make decisions and these are my options:

1. Pursue Nursing and forget about Medical Technology. I always wanted to take Nursing, but I feel all my MT accomplishments would be a waste such as my AMT certificate & NV State License.

2. Take Phlebotomy at Northwest Career College only 14 weeks to get my foot in the door quick. CSN's Phlebotomy program not until Spring. I inquired for Fall before, they said it was full and then I checked again now I missed the deadline.

3. Join the U.S. Air Force and become officer which is my AF brother's and parents' suggestion.

4. Take American Society of Clinical Pathology(ASCP) a State License as a Medical Technology in California. A better opportunity to work in California.

5. Pursue Medical Laboratory Assistant, but then its only offered once a year. I realized I won't be able to get all my pre-requisites done before deadline for Spring since not all classes are offered.

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice?

Even though I have a lot of options, I still won't give up on my job hunt for MT. I actually printed out my resume that Mr. Wu edited and going to fax it to Southern Hills, my friend referred me but I don't see the job posted on their website so I guess they're hiring only referrals. Although strong Blood Bank experience preferred, but who knows!

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot of forks ahead, and they're all great choices, but if you want to start on your career as quickly as possible, choose the phlebotomy path because it is related to your medical technologist degree. I'm doing phlebotomy too so maybe one day we can work together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray because you will have to be the one that lives with the decision. I will keep you in my prays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored that I can contribute to your job hunt with a resume ^_^ As for your career choice, you should choose the one that you like the most. You will spend majority of your waking hours at your job building your career, it should be something that really ignites your passion. I think your parents and brother will be proud of your no matter which option you choose.

    ReplyDelete