Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Today I grilled Tilapia & greeted my Dad Happy Father's Day since its now Father's Day in the Philippines. I thanked him for all the support, advice & discipline he taught us, being strict with time & overly protective. I remember he'd often pick me up & drop me off school until I graduated College. And here I am back to school again, but now old enough to take care of myself. I can say I am very proud of my Dad, because he is a retired U.S. Navy and a Veteran.  Not only was he a good man who served the country, but one of the best Dads in the World! Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there :))

2 comments:

  1. How funny, I had tilapia with my father today too -- frozen ones cooked in the oven :-) I am grateful for my father as well. He moved heaven and earth for my schooling. When we first arrived in the U.S. he would walk me 90 minutes one way so I can attend an elementary school with an ESL program. Then from middle school to college, he moved us when my school changed to be in walking distance to my school. Now that he is retired, I am returning the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you.How I hope all of the kids out there are like you..loving and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete